Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Java Developers who are passionate about coding to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Converts specifications about business problems into programming instructions.
- Interfaces with system designers to design, code, and test and implement application programs. Assists in developing application specifications
- Designs and codes programs utilizing standard procedures and techniques
- Conduct design & code review to ensure compliance with Standards
- Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Participates in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and share learning
- Provide oversight to Vendor’s technical design and code delivery.
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 1 year experience in Unix and shell scripting
- At least 3 years experience in database technologies, i.e. SQL / RDBMS
- At least 3 years experience in SOA or ESB or Web Services
- At least 5 years development experience in Java J2EE
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business, Information Systems or Engineering, or military experience
- Experience as senior developer in IT projects leading developers
- Spring framework (Preferably 3.2 and above)
- REST (Jersey)
- Mocking framework for Unit testing - Mockito, EasyMock, Powermock
- Eclipse IDE , Visio
- XMLSpy / Tools for WSDL / XSD / XPATH / XQUERY
- JUnit / SoapUI / Web Service Test Tools
- Maven or ANT
- SVN, Git (or other Software Configuration & Versioning tool).
- Certifications - Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer, Oracle (Weblogic) SOA Suite, Spring framework certification
- Performance Testing and tuning experience with Java, Spring framework, Oracle Weblogic
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location United States-Virginia-Richmond-Richmond-West Creek 3 (12073)
Other Locations United States-Texas-Plano-DFW-Plano People Center Bldg 1 (31061)
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...