PSI Pax is currently recruiting for a Java Programmer (CSA3) to support our government customer in Woodlawn, MD.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
The Java Programmer requires strong experience in gathering requirements from users, documenting requirements and interacting with developers. Candidate should have strong documentation experience including preparation of Detailed Functional Requirements (DFR) documents for one of the ongoing systems. Candidate should be able to facilitate meetings with the customers and prepare meeting notes, analyze update/modify existing processes.
- Strong experience in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements
- Proven background in business process reengineering and reverse engineering
- Strong SQL and database background
- In depth knowledge of SDLC and Rational Unified Process
- Experience with MS Office, MS Visio, Quality Center, and Rational Requisite Pro
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Solid organizational abilities
- Strong experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Use Case development
- Strong documentation skills and experience preparing Business Process Document (BPD), Project Scope Agreement (SDP), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Meeting Notes and Systems Development Plan (SDP)
- Ability to perform software testing including preparation of Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Data. Ability to identify and report defects
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead and/or direct the efforts of specialists on project(s)
Equivalent Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with 14 years of relevant experience
- HS/GED with 18 years of relevant experience
- Associate's Degree with 16 years of relevant experience
- Programming skills in any established language
- Exposure to a variety of project methodologies including SCRUM, Waterfall, and ad-hoc methods
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
In addition, U.S Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card) is required. Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation to include but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
PSI Pax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
PSI Pax is an E-Verify Participant