Tired of working super long hours for financial organizations that only care about bottom line profits?
Work life balance just a dream? Are you looking for a place to showcase your talents?
Move at the speed of HERTZ. Join us at a place with the vision of a Start Up and the resources of an Enterprise.
Join up with a fun and supportive team of ridiculously talented techies who are excited about serious product innovation.
We are looking for a rock-star Java Developer with great skills at solving complex technical issues and creating cutting edge technology.
Join us at our corporate headquarters at Park Ridge, NJ. This position will not be moving to Estero Florida.
This position will report to the Manager, eCommerce Application Development. (At this time, the company is not sponsoring any visas.)
- Develop projects in Java to extend and enchance the existing Hertz CRM applications.
- Assist with the support and maintenance of the Hertz CRM applications.
- Collaborate with business analysts, QA testers, DBAs and Server administrators throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Consistently communicate the status of their progress to their management and members of other groups on the project.
- Participate in load testing to find performance bottlenecks in the Hertz eCommerce application releases.
- Developers need to continuously self-train to enhance their J2EE development skills and keep up with the evolving technology.
- Develop code as per the quality control guidelines and pre-established best practices.
- Document code and API in clean, legible manor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with a wide range of tools and technologies with a focus on Java/J2EE technologies, including WebSphere, Tomcat, RAD/Eclipse, Struts 2 and Hibernate.
- Experience with relational database design and development in a RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2, MS Sql Server, or MySQL.
- Should be able to take Use cases, class diagrams and sequence diagrams and implement them.
- Ability to grasp and translate complex business rules in to executable Java, j2ee code.
- Proficiency building unit tests, especially using JUnit.
- Knowledge and experience in applying industry standard Design Patterns for web application development.
- Experience with agile software development processes, quickly developing systems that can adapt to changing business processes is required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new tools, technologies and techniques.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
Preferred Requirements :
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz - 14 months ago
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate and...