This position will support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Keyport Washington. This position is classified as an exempt position under the FLSA. As a fully qualified Application Developer, the successful candidate for this position will apply standard programming procedures and detailed knowledge of pertinent subject matter in a programming area. The programs developed or modified typically linked to several other programs in that the output of one becomes the input for another. This position will perform such duties as developing, modifying and maintaining assigned programs, designing and implementing modifications to the interrelation of files and records within programs in consultations with higher level staff. This position will monitor the operation assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting in logic and coding; implements and/or maintains assigned portions of a scientific programming project, applying established scientific programming techniques, well defined mathematical, statistical, engineering and other scientific problems usually requiring the translation of mathematical notation in to processing logic and code. This Programmer tests, documents work, writes and maintains operator instructions for assigned programs. In addition, this Programmer may carry out fact finding and programming analysis of a single activity or routine problem, applying established procedures where the nature of the program, feasibility, computer equipment and programming analysis of a single activity or routine problem, applying established procedures where the nature of the program, feasibility, computer equipment, and programming language have already been decided. Job tasks may require the incumbent to analyze present performance of the program and take action to correct deficiencies based on discussion with the user and consultation with and approval of the Supervisor or higher-level staff. Assists with review and analysis of detailed program specifications and program designed to meet changes in work processes. Will work independently under specified objectives; applies judgment in devising program logic and in selecting and adapting standard programming procedures, resolves problem and deviations according to established practices, and obtains advice where precedents are unclear or not available. Completed work is reviewed for conformance to standards, timeliness and efficiency.
• Eligibility to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance • Demonstrated proficiency through formal training, coursework or experience in JAVA programming • Associate’s degree in a software or programming discipline at least three years directly related experience • Experience using MS Office Suite/MS Outlook (emphasis on Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, Project) and other computer based applications • Ability to understand and learn new requirements quickly • Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and skills • Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple high priority tasks
Active DoD Secret security clearance • Bachelor’s degree in a software or programming discipline • Knowledge and experience with NUWC Keyport Carrier Vessel Tactical Software Center (CV-TSC) related programs • Software Configuration Management (CM) experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...