Our software engineering team is looking for a Java Developer to help architect, design and develop complex High Availability Java and Jruby based applications utilizing cutting edge tools. We are in the process of scaling our infrastructure to accommodate an 10 fold growth in the next year. We would prefer someone who has experience with setting up and maintaining enterprise JBOSS clusters. We also have a need for someone who understand BIG DATA. Our largest table is nearing a billion rows. In this critical role you will become part of a motivated and talented team operating under Agile principles (Scrum). As a result, the candidate needs to work really well with others and will be required to maintain his/her own code (as well as other devs) in production. You will have a passion for writing strongly object oriented Java code and have a deep understanding of the core Java development techniques and APIs.
Telmate is a fully web-based SaaS company. We are a leader, and very fast growing company, in the managed telecom space with offices in California and Oregon and a client footprint across the US and Canada. We bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with over 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. Our features-rich product offering is constantly growing. We are at the leading edge of technology where other companies can’t even compete and we are providing an array of innovate services unmatched in the industry.
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Java (J2EE) including development of multi-threaded server-side applications.
- Working knowledge of JDBC, XML, JNDI, Java Servlets, JSON.
- Does not mind learning JRUBY.
- Working knowledge of Unix / Linux operating system
- Enthusiastic and quick learner.
- Enterprise Jboss is preferred.
- Good communication skills – both written and spoken
Telmate - 16 months ago