JOB TITLE: Software Engineer
SUMMARY of JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
This Software Engineer position requires strong technical skills underpinned by ability to learn various business skills. Incumbent would be responsible for analyzing, designing, modifying, encoding, testing, debugging and installing software applications utilized in the Customer Service incident management and operations functions to achieve targeted business goals and provide superior service to customers.
The incumbent will also communicate with business users as part of production support of the system.
The new hire will take jobs as detailed below :
• Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new project releases and initiatives to support and enhance our existing java based systems.
• Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new project releases.
• Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including Design Specifications, Testing Documentations, Architecture Documentation and other artifacts as guided by Internal Auditors .
• Maintain source code control of all application code, scripts, and database definition language.
• Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our Incident Management System
• Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
• Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of Teradata CS business processes.
• Analyze data contained in the database and identify data integrity issues with existing systems and implement solutions.
• Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
• Support availability and on-call support will be as defined by the ITS Support process and resolve problems within support level agreement guidelines.
Desired Education/Experience to perform the function:
• B.E./B.Tech in Computer Engineering or MCA or an equivalent education.
• 4+ years experience in following areas:
o JMS/MQ Series experience. Working experience on ActiveMQ would be big plus.
o Tomcat and/or IIS with administration is desired. (JBoss would also be a plus)
o Good Oracle SQL/PLSQL/Stored Procedure Knowledge.
o Knowledge of Perl will be an added advantage.
o Good testing skills & knowledge of various testing methodologies.
• Knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle, Software CMM & Application Support processes.
• Strong problem solving skills and optimization techniques required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in direct customer interaction.
Technology First - 12 months ago