We seeking an individual with top-notch Java skills to help design, develop, and maintain complex applications that run critical financial business operations. This senior software engineer is primarily responsible for design and application architecture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position offers a competitive starting wage and a full benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer contribution, vacation and more.
- Obtain full understanding of current cash processing software.
- Take ownership of software design documentation process and improve the process as required.
- Guide the future direction of application architecture.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and technologies.
- Implement software development best practices, such as code reviews, unit testing, code standards, and design patterns.
- Maintain large and complex database installations.
- Develop, test, debug, and document applications in a mixed-framework environment.
- Support and troubleshoot production implementations.
- Participate in revolving after-hours support schedule for critical problem resolution.
- Work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- 2+ years of experience turning business requirements into software design documents.
- Excellent writing ability
- Experience with design patterns
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Proven ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- 8+ years of experience in Java environment.
- Very strong core Java
- Java Swing programming
- Strong SQL (theory and practice, any platform)
Nice to have:
- Linix O/S, including shell scripts and some administration
- Tomcat configuration
- Prior hardware interface experience
- Experience with Postgres, AJAX, Jasper Reports
- Experience with banking, financial services
- Up to 10% travel required within US and Canada (passport required).