Within RBS Global Banking & Markets, Argon is the standard internal guaranteed message delivery platform used for inter application messaging. The platform consists of an API with extensions for many development tools such as .net, Java; an Enterprise Manager web based management tool; and a transport layer based on Tibco EMS. Argon is a mature product and is used as the inter application messaging platform by over 80% of GBM systems and processes in excess of 25 million messages a day. Argon is developed and supported by the Middleware Development and Support teams.
The Argon Development team is responsible for
This role is for a web developer will work alongside the current Messaging Middleware Development and Support teams. They will be required to work closely with other development resources and project resources to:
- Writing enhancements for all parts of Argon – the API, database, public web sites/services and back end server services.
- Identifying and fixing bugs in the above
- Providing expertise and best practise advice in usage of Argon
- The specification, development and sign off of Middleware infrastructure enhancements and updates
- Develop, extend and implement all Argon web offerings; public web sites and application services. This covers all stages of the SDLC; analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- Deliver quality code, supporting documentation and unit tests.
- Work on projects as both an individual and part of development team
- Provide best practise advice and transfer Argon knowledge to the support and end user application teams.
- Provide 3rd line support.
- Java Web development – Spring MVC, Tomcat and Apache (advanced)
- Java development – Especially server side and multi-threaded development(advanced)
- XML, XSD, XSLT (intermediate)
- Oracle (intermediate)
- SQL (intermediate)
- Spring (intermediate)
- Unit testing for java and web applications (intermediate)
- Subversion Version Control (intermediate)
Message oriented Middleware experience, particularly Tibco EMS (intermediate)
C# or .net development
Some banking experience would be preferable but is not essential.