...will jump to the head of the class if you can...
- know the Java language like the back of your hand.
- embrace the "OOP/MVC/ORM" style of Java web development.
- design highly scalable, easily queryable data structures in SQL.
- craft dynamic, beautifully styled, cross-browser compatible HTML.
- inject all manner of dependencies with Spring.
- hook into external system via web services.
Desired Skills & Experience
- quickly draft mock-ups...and not shed a tear when the red pen comes out.
- swing from branch to branch in Subversion without getting tangled up.
- integrate with SOAP web services, understanding the WSDL and XSDs behind it.
- write, compile, and execute Java with Maven.
- show off your CS degree and/or portfolio of currently active sites.
- play nice with others in an Agile environment.
...get a gold star if you can...
- swallow you Java pride, and help out with PHP...+1 for Zend experience.
- cook up a REST or SOAP style web service from scratch.
- make Apache Tomcat purr.
- tune a JVM ‘til it hums.
- find needles in a very large SQL data haystack.
- keep your peeps in the loop with Atlassian’s Suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
POS Portal - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard