The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry.
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
- Key role in programming the front-end of a web-based online testing system (a cutting-edge system that provides adaptive tests to students with interactive tools such as recorders, calculators, highlighting, notepads) and learning management systems
- Work closely with other members of the software team; such as architects, software engineers and web interaction designers
- Optimize and fine tune web applications for maximum performance, speed, and stability
- Work with the technical and program management teams during project planning phases in requirements decomposition, task estimation and milestone definition
- Follow the established software development processes in designing, rapid prototyping, implementing, testing and maintaining systems once they have gone operational
• B.S. in Computer Science and/or related field
• 5+ years professional software development experience
• Expert knowledge of browser DOM and cross-browser / platform compatibility issues and techniques for front-end development.
• Experience with high traffic & dynamic web apps / high performance web page optimization techniques
• Experience with ASP.Net, C# or Java in building multi-tier systems
• Excellent grasp of Web Standards and why we should develop for them
• Familiarity with agile development cycles & rapid prototyping
• Familiarity with SVG, Actionscript, HTML5 and other emerging RIA technologies a plus
• Excellent communication skills
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...