The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry.
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than seventy software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
- advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
- mobile support for the user interfaces
- learning management systems with social media features
- user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
- innovative, machine-scorable items
- Key role in programming the front-end of a web-based online testing system (a cutting-edge system that provides adaptive tests to students with interactive tools such as recorders, calculators, highlighting, notepads) and learning management systems
- Work closely with other members of the software team; such as architects, software engineers and web interaction designers
- Optimize and fine tune web applications for maximum performance, speed, and stability
- Work with the technical and program management teams during project planning phases in requirements decomposition, task estimation and milestone definition
- Follow the established software development processes in designing, rapid prototyping, implementing, testing and maintaining systems once they have gone operational
- B.S. in Computer Science and 5+ years professional software development experience
- Expert knowledge of browser DOM and cross-browser / platform compatibility issues and techniques for front-end development.
- Experience with high traffic & dynamic web apps / high performance web page optimization techniques
- Experience with ASP.Net, C# or Java in building multi-tier systems
- Excellent grasp of Web Standards and why we should develop for them
- Familiarity with agile development cycles & rapid prototyping
- Familiarity with SVG, Actionscript, HTML5 and other emerging RIA technologies a plus
- Excellent communication skills
American Institutes for Research - 21 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...