IA Interior Architects , the only global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interior architecture, is hiring a full-time Job Captain in the Chicago office. As Job Captain , you will be responsible for creating construction documents and managing projects through the completion of contract administration. Specific responsibilities will include:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Reviewing CDs to ensure compliance with firm standards, mechanical and building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Coordinating consultants' work to ensure timely submission of documents.
- Coordinating all engineering work to ensure compliance with the design solution.
- Managing contract documents and contract administration within established budgets.
- Mentoring junior level employees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Graduate of an accredited architecture school.
- 5+ years experience producing commercial interior design projects.
IA is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry, including a working knowledge of equipment and materials, space requirements, and design standards and principles.
- Advanced AutoCAD/ADT and Revit skills.
- Extensive contract administration knowledge, including completion of contract documents.
- Vast knowledge of building systems, building codes and ADA requirements.
- Sound documentation and field observation skills.
- Advanced detailing skills.
- Good command of MS Office applications.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject-matter expertise.
- Functioning knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
If you are unable to submit your resume online or are limited in your ability to do so as a result of a disability, please contact Human Resources at 415.434.3305 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Interior Architects - 21 months ago