Within the context of a welfare-to-work continuum, HRA Back To Work provides a full range of assessment, case management, job readiness, job placement and retention services to program participants with a focus on developing customized programs based on individual strength and limitations and moving individuals toward economic self sufficiency.
To develop job openings appropriate to participant’s needs and maintain active liaison with employers/companies and employment counselors, improves the program’s visibility and reputation in the labor market.
B.A. Degree in marketing or business field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, a H.S. Diploma plus 3 years relevant work experience may be considered.
- Contacts employers by mail, phone, and in person to solicit information concerning appropriate job openings.
- Prepare job orders as required.
- Represents agency at trade shows, forums and other appropriate venues; attends unit meetings as required.
- Interacts with program counselors to refine understanding of applicants needs and identify targeted job development efforts.
- Conducts surveys and performs analyses of labor market trends and current hiring practices and communicates determination to the program counselors.
- Maintains regular contact with employers to monitor employment satisfaction and to suggest refinement of requirements for hard-to-fill positions.
Bronx, New York, United States
- Prior sales, marketing, employment counseling or job development experience preferred.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Working in an automated on-line system, demonstrates proficiency in use of applied information technology and on-line database systems; demonstrated keyboarding speed proficiency and accuracy preferred for a paperless case management system.
- Knowledge of job development strategies required.
F·E·G·S - 2 years ago