Position Title: Industry Staffing Specialist
Reports To: Center Manager
Summary: Establish linkages with employers and local businesses marketing services to employers to create job opportunities and job placements for customers and participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to the mission of SERCO
2. Attends all staff meetings
3. Adheres to the mission of the corporation.
4. Serves as the liaison between employers and the corporation
5. Promotes the services of the corporation to local employers in need of hiring qualified employees.
6. Identifies areas that may need intervention and submits plan of action to supervisor.
7. Consults with area chambers of commerce, higher education institutions, and all local employers regarding economic and employment trends.
8. Responsible for the implementation of the business services plan including ongoing recruitment and outreach activities of prospective employers with job opportunities for customers as well as linking employers to tax incentives and funding opportunities available to train their workforce.
9. Conducts outreach and job search workshops for customers, program participants, community, and civic groups.
10. Monitors job bank database information to ensure that employment opportunities are available for job-ready customers.
11. Contributes to the team effort by performing other related work as assigned.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
1. Experience with interviewing employers to assess and to record information regarding training needs, education needs, employment needs, and labor market trends to fully explore career development opportunities for customers.
2. Proficiency in the use of computer reporting and database programs.
3. Previous sales experience
1. Experience in customer job placement, and job retention.
2. Prefer four years full-time equivalent work experience in providing outplacement or job search services in the public or private sector.
3. Working knowledge of workforce development programs
4. A Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Business Management, Public Administration, Economics, Communications, Social Science, or related field preferred from a recognized 4-year college or university.
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...