Job Description: This position is a part time job share and will report to the District Sales Manager and must consistently meet or exceed all sales budgets/goals on all products assigned. Sales Professionals are expected to possess a high level of product, competitive, customer and territory knowledge. An average minimum of 8 calls per day on physicians is required to achieve call plan requirements over the course of a quarter. Deliver sales calls that consist of pre-call planning, driving “brand” messaging, closing and must include visual aids and/or reprints. All calls must be entered into the company computer with relevant post call notes, sample activity, etc. Execute promotional programs on key customer targets in the timeframe prescribed while meeting pharmaceutical and company guidelines. Sales Professionals are also expected to attend all company, regional and divisional meetings. Attendance is also expected at medical education programs, which can occur during evening hours and/or weekends. Various administrative duties are also required.
Candidates must complete all fleet safety training and must maintain an acceptable driving record regarding accidents and incidents.
Requirements: • BA/BS from an accredited school required. Focus in business or life science preferred.
- One-two years of successful sales experience or similar related experience (e.g. Nursing, CDE – Certified Diabetes Educator, Recent College Graduate with transferable experiences/skills)
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information
- Demonstrated ability to manage territory budget
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check
- Consistent track record of quantifiable/documented sales accomplishments (i.e. “meeting sales
- Demonstrated ability to plan, analyze and act upon sales data within an assigned geography
- Solid business acumen including excellent and persuasive business communication,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment and discretion and to analyze and address territory opportunities by building key customer relationships
- Computer Skills: proficiency in business software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required
Genzyme - 2 years ago