Dartmouth Journal Services, a publishing services company, located in Waterbury,Vermont, provides journal production management, copyediting, page layout and web-publishing file preparation services for some of the most prestigious scientific, technical and medical journals in the country.
If you have publishing, editorial or composition experience, are a motivated team player, have great customer servce skills, superior organizational skills and attention to detail, we would like to hear from you!
Job responsibilities include:
1. Review raw manuscript for quality and completeness. Contact author/editorial office regarding missing elements or substandard materials.
2. For outsourced copyediting: work with copyediting team to prioritize assignments. Resolve editing and art queries with authors and editors. Edit manuscripts as needed.
3. For in-house copyediting: edit manuscript per specific journal style. Resolve all editing and art queries with author and editor.
4. Track materials (mss, art, ads, etc) at manuscript and issue stages. Maintain pertinent internal and customer databases. Prepare weekly status report of all articles and issues.
5. Prepare electronic files and associated materials for composition and/or imaging.
6. Manage special customer projects (posters, meeting materials, etc.)
7. Correspond with authors, editorial office, offshore vendors regarding job status and concerns. Prepare and update reports as necessary.
8 . Review author and editor corrections and revised art. Clarify instructions for composition and scanning. Review article and issue revisions. Compile issue and prepare all necessary issue materials for composition.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter as one MS Word or Adobe PDF attachment to email@example.com . Please include your slary expectaions in your cover letter.
JobsInVT.com - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard