The Journalist position will be responsible for the strategic development of all written documents for release to the public including Felix Magazine, our quarterly magazine, as well as within the organization. The Journalist is expected to monitor and cover multiple topics of interest associated with the organization including politics, culture, local and national events, lifestyle and human interest stories. Overall, the Journalist is to focus on the enhancement of organizational reputation to external audiences through engaging topics and superior standards of written communication.
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Report and write stories for publication or broadcast describing background and detail of events adhering to professional writing standards.
- Review and evaluate copy for proper use of grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Build contacts to maintain a constant continuum of relevant facts.
- Interview individuals to gain additional insight and record information.
- Investigate media releases and/or stories related to the organizations interests.
- Attend conferences and ask questions when needed.
- Work with other departments to determine relevant material.
- Determine the appropriate emphasis, length, and format and organize material to complete assignments by deadline.
- Upload copy to organizations website.
- Bachelors degree (Journalism or English) required; Masters preferred
- Some experience in field of Journalism, providing 3 written work samples
- Value and practice creative writing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.