At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't just the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world. Discover your career path at Weyerhaeuser!
Weyerhaeuser, Dodson Lumber mill located in Dodson, LA has openings for journey level millwrights with industrial experience. The role requires strong mechanical and technical skills. Competitive wage and benefits package included.
All candidates must be safety conscious, self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, be experienced in working with other crafts, and have a desire to work in a market focused, team environment.
Machine center troubleshooting, repair, assembly and preventative maintenance; reading blue print and sketches proficiently to fabricate equipment and make modifications; repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Welding, fabrication, general machine assembly and machine alignment
• Must have experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects effectively.
• Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Must be able to flow to work across job boundaries
• Must demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new jobs & skills
• Must have excellent listening & communications skills
• Ability to demonstrate open, honest and regular exchange of information and
treat all employees with respect and dignity
• Must be team oriented; puts team's needs ahead of individual interests and
works to develop trust and respect
• Takes initiative to identify and solve issues and accepts personal accountability
for team's plans and results
• Minimum 3 years millwright experience required
Successful candidates must be willing to work any shift. These positions require the willingness and ability to work at heights as well as climbing stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, to work in an environment containing wood dust and extreme heat or cold. Have the ability & willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position.
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce
Weyerhaeuser - 18 months ago
If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces a...