Under the supervision of the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for the performance all types of carpentry repairs and construction to ensure that the home is energy efficient.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
Participate in ongoing training and stay abreast of issues effecting housing durability, occupant health and safety, improved weatherization techniques and building science
- Performs and records findings using a wide range of diagnostic equipment to determine effectiveness of energy efficiency improvements. (Blower doors, infrared cameras, pressure diagnostics and worse case draft tests, etc.).
- Installs sidewall insulation using the dense-pack method, bypass sealing, attic insulation, foundation insulation, carpentry related repairs and many other tasks associated with improving the energy efficiency.
- Train and supervise apprentice carpenters.
- Maintain crew truck and equipment.
- Maintain and account for materials used on assigned projects.
- Accurately complete various forms and maintains close accountability for assigned projects.
- Assures that work orders and specifications are adhered to. Assures that change orders and variations in work assigned meets Agency contract requirements.
- Status of Journeyman Carpenter as established by District Wide Council of Carpenters and/or the ability to attain Journeyman Status prior to hire.
- Minimum of three years experience in residential construction including retrofitting and/or remodeling existing homes.
- Experience in Department of Energy Weatherization Assistance Program and/or utility sponsored weatherization programs strongly preferred.
- Experienced in the use of blower doors, pressure diagnostic equipment, worst case draft tests and other electronic diagnostic equipment commonly used in weatherization and housing retrofitting programs strongly preferred.
- Valid drivers license and reliable personal transportation required. No major violations and no more than two minor violations in the last five years. Clean driving records are preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examination. Must pass pre-placement physical testing (CRT). Must be able to lift up to 44 pounds, carry up to 82 pounds.
- Ability to work with low income and multi ethnic groups and individuals.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check.
M-F, 32-40 hours/week
Job Posting Dates
Aug 23 - Sep 3
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties - 30+ days ago