Under general supervision, works alone or with a crew to install and maintain electric distribution and transmission systems. Includes all overhead, underground facilities and other utilities, which includes installing, but not connecting gas pipe. Performs the duties of Utility Operator.
- Performs all work in a safe manner. Complies with all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures. Performs all work that they are qualified and trained to do in a manner to protect themselves, their fellow employees and the public from injury.
- Installs, changes, transfers, moves and removes poles, poles line hardware, guys, transformers, lightning arresters, streetlight equipment, electrical cable, gas pipe, cross-arms, energized conductors, insulators, conduit, capacitor bank controls and any and all forms of electrical material and accessories utilized in the construction, maintenance, and operation of electric circuits.
- Installs, uses and removes protective equipment and devices on energized electric circuits of all voltages. Works with hot line tools on circuits. Performs work on energized circuits of all voltages.
- Performs steel tower structural work including the erection and removal and repair of steel towers and electrical equipment used in connection therewith.
- Works with electrical instruments such as voltmeters, ammeters, fault locators, etc. Installs and removes single-phase socket type meters through Class 200/240V on single family and duplex dwellings in conjunction with the installation and removal of services. Reads meters.
- Operates switches and cutouts in transmission and distribution circuits.
- Patrols transmission and distribution circuits as assigned. Inspects poles and towers, making climbing inspections of conductors and equipment.
- Drives truck and is responsible for truck, tools, and equipment carried thereon.
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating all types of equipment associated with the work being performed.
- Locates underground gas and electric facilities in conjunction with their work. Additionally, performs locates where no Locator/Leak Surveyors exist.
- Contacts property owners on tree trimming matters. Performs minor tree trimming, cutting brush, removing line detriments to the extent necessary in performance of regular duties.
- Responsible for completing written reports on fieldwork and proper accounting for materials and time associated with each job.
- Performs public contacts when necessary.
- Leads, trains and instructs employees in their work.
- Must be an experienced journeyworker, with at least four years related experience, which may include installing overhead and underground utilities, installing poles and steel tower structures, and related hardware.
- Current journeyworker card/certificate/license and/or evidence of satisfactorily completing an apprenticeship training program preferred.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record required.
- The successful candidate must have a valid class A CDL driver's permit (evidenced by passing the applicable State written and driving test).
- Must be able/willing to respond to emergency call-outs in a reasonable time period.
- Pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen is required.
MidAmerican Energy - 8 months ago
MidAmerican Energy Company, Iowa’s largest energy company, is strategically located in the middle of several major markets in the...