SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Builds and maintains electrical distribution and transmission lines.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy’s values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Responsible for the daily safe operation, maintenance, and construction of electric distribution and electric transmission facilities
- Work will be performed individually, or as part of a crew
- Will primarily be responsible for work in the Bozeman area, but may be sent to other locations within Bozeman Division or the NWE service territory depending on the needs of the Company
- Must be a trained First Responder, or must be willing to be trained in that capacity
- Required to respond to call-outs after hours and live within a 15-minute response time to the Bozeman Service Center shop and will be expected to follow OSHA and NWE safety rules
- Will be required to lift from 10 to 35 pounds frequently and occasionally lift 50 to 70 pounds
- Majority of shift is worked outdoors, sometimes in adverse weather conditions with exposure to electrical and natural gas service hazards
- 20% of work time is spent traveling
- Must be able to demonstrate a good safety record
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a certified journeyman level lineman with experience in electric construction and service work and exposure to composite natural gas construction and service work is preferred
- Lineman will be required to operate backhoes, trenchers, power-operated equipment, test/monitoring instruments and other equipment
- Must possess a working knowledge of applicable codes, safety rules and be able to read maps, prints, specs and blueprints
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Valid Montana CDL required
- Must have a history of good overtime call-out availability and adherence to safe working practices and procedures
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
- 3 years ago - save job
Northwestern Corporation (doing business as Northwestern Energy) provides electricity and natural gas to approximately 656,000 customers in...