PG&E Talent Connect
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a
Job Posting Title
Journeyman Lineman - GC Various Locations
Job Posting Date: 01/16/2013
Requisition #: 50463841-I03
Job Category: Maintenance, Construction & Operations
Job Level: 2. Individual Contributor
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
General Construction Electric Department is comprised of approximately 700 employees, tasked with the Construction and Maintenance of high voltage electrical facilities within PG&E's system. It is a mobile work force that may travel throughout PG&E’s service territory to perform its work.
This classification is represented by IBEW Local 1245, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. The journeyman lineman job is responsible for the construction and repair of overhead and underground high voltage electric facilities and equipment. Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours, travel/transfer to new headquarter upon request at anytime, and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment.
This position will be in one of the following locations:
• San Jose
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 10 days of hire
• Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
• Ability to drive in all weather and road conditions
• Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at anytime; throughout the entire
PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home
• Internal PG&E Employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam prior to
• External and Hiring Hall Candidates: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam prior
• Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day
• Must pass Lineman Assessment prior to offer
• Completion of state sanctioned and IBEW sponsored line worker apprenticeship
• Certified in Rubber Gloving procedures.
• Class A Driver’s License
• Experience in transmission work, underground, numerous voltages and distribution work
• Perform work at all times in a safe manner, obeying all of PGE’s “Rules to Live By”, Safe Working
Practices and Work Procedure Methods.
• Take direction from person in charge and work safely as a team with other members of the crew.
• Test, frame, and set poles; string electric power lines, install cross arms and anchors, install and
replaces switches/circuit protection equipment/insulators/meters/streetlights; hang and energize
transformers; take voltage readings and perform phasing.
• Use hand and power tools, climb poles and towers, workt heights on poles/towers/aerial lifts,
work with live circuits, climb ladders, work in manholes and confined spaces. Depending on work
location/area, work may include working from helicopters, boats, snowmobiles and snow cats.
• Locate, pull, remove, splice and terminate cables; install and replace equipment.
• Load, unload, layout and prep tools/supplies/equipment/materials needed at each job site.
• Review work assignment; “redlines” corrects/changes drawing to job sketch.
• Operate hydraulic, aerial and compressor-driven equipment.
• Based on qualifications, drive company pickup truck, crew cab, digger derrick, aerial lift to
designated job sites.
• Communicate in person, by phone and radio with supervisor, foreman and coworkers. Must work
in a team environment participating in tailboards throughout the day.
• Provide on-the-job training/orientation/demonstration/assistance to pre-apprentice and apprentice
• Provide back-up relief in temporary absence of foreman; direct work of other crewmembers; act
as a leader.
• Attend all mandated OSHA and company training
Employment Type: IBEW T300
Work Location: SAN JOSE MATERIALS DISTRIBUTION CENTER
City: San Jose
Ismael IGH Hernandez Hiring Supervisor
- 2 years ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...