As a Journeyman Lineman you will install, maintain and repair all transmission and distribution electrical systems and associated equipment, both overhead and underground, while utilizing line trucks, aerial boom, lifts and wire pulling equipment.
These duties include:
- Maintenance of lines and services will require pole climbing, hot sticking, and working out of truck mounted bucket lifts to construct, repair or maintain line equipment or string, splice and sag wire on live or dead circuits.
- Operates switches, cutouts and uses grounding devices to work on de-energized lines and equipment.
- You may train and direct the work of a trainee in the trade.
Requirements for this position include:
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following:
- A high school diploma, GED or proof of equivalent plus a Journeyman Lineman certification or testing through IBEW Local 57.
- Completion of a formal training program for a Journeyman Lineman.
- Must meet examining board review of skills and experience.
- Candidate must have hot stick training and experience.
- Must own, or be able to obtain, a Class A Commercial Driver's License.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, physical, and drug screening.
- 2+ years experience as a Journeymen Lineman.
This position requires a post-offer, pre-placement physical capacity screening, conducted by a licensed physical therapist, to assure the candidate meets the physical demands of the job. The screening will assess only the identified physical demands of the job being applied for.
The job duties of Lineman require lifting in excess of 75 lbs from floor to waist and waist to overhead, carrying in excess of 75 lbs with both hands, and pushing and pulling in excess of 100 lbs of exertional force. Job duties of the Lineman require sustained, awkward positions/postures including bending and twisting at the waist and neck; reaching forward, to the side, across the body and overhead. Additional requirements of the Lineman position include forceful grip and pinch; manipulation of small objects; balancing on one or both legs during dynamic activities; manipulation of large objects during activities requiring balance and sustained awkward postures.
PacifiCorp is a regulated electric company serving 1.7 million retail customers, including residential, commercial, industrial and other...