The Joy Hostess/Host will serve as a personal representative of the restaurant. They are in charge of making reservations, seating guests and making sure that they enjoy their meal. The Joy Hostess/Host is expected to smile, to give guests a good impression of the restaurant by greeting them in a warm, friendly manner. If guests have to wait to be seated, the Hostess/Host will make them comfortable while they wait, be a positive team player, adhere to company policies and gaming regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Engages in conversations, uses the 10/5 rule, uses the guests name at least twice during the transaction, and able to resolve service issues in accordance to casino regulations.
- Must provide fast, friendly and efficient customer service.
- Able to answer the phone with proper etiquette and take reservations following restaurant policies.
- Able to coordinate, rotate, document restaurant seating accordingly, and walk guests to tables suitable for their needs.
- Provide guests with menus, fold out their napkin, and hand them their menu.
- Provide guests with additional information. For example, special or soup of the day, etc.
- Able to inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Must maintain a clean, neat, and organized work area including wiping down menus.
- Approach guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and to respond to complaints.
- Be aware and promote all casino/resort special events days and times.
- Able to assist wait staff and bus persons by refilling glasses, coffee cups, pre-setting and bussing tables as necessary.
- Able to complete all required closing job duties at the end of shift.
- Thanks the guest for their business and welcomes them back as they leave.
- Recognizes VIPs, Diamond and Emerald players and relays that information to the assigned server.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
Work Environment: Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience preferred
- Read, write, understand and speak English fluently. Bilingual in English, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards
CasinoCareers.com - 2 years ago