The Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies, Inc., located in Hampton, VA, provides research support and engineering services for various NASA Langley Aeronautics and Space programs. SGT is responsible for the development and maintenance of the NASA Langley Research Center’s Airspace and Traffic Operations Simulation (ATOS) research system, one of the largest airspace distributed simulation systems in the world. The ATOS system consists of multiple computer workstation-based aircraft simulators networked together that are able to perform joint simulations with other NASA research centers, the FAA, and MITRE. Under the auspices of the Joint Planning Development Office (JPDO) Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) initiative, NASA uses ATOS to conduct research into the feasibility of advanced Air Traffic Management (ATM) concepts in an effort to solve real world problems.
SGT seeks a motivated Junior Aerospace Engineer to join the ATOS development team. The selected candidate will be responsible for the development, test and integration of aircraft flight software packages into the ATOS system. Software packages are typically developed for the Windows environment, using one or more of the following technologies: Visual C++, JAVA, OpenGL, HLA and can range from modeling an Avionic component to a complete aircraft subsystem. The candidate will join a lean Agile process, fast paced research environment and will work with NASA and Contractor Subject Matter Experts in support of Modeling & Simulation, Aircraft Aerodynamics Modeling, and Air Traffic Management research.
Must have additional experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Must have a BS Degree (or equivalent experience). A minimum of 2 years related engineering and/or software development experience is desired.
- Must have experience with Visual C++ and/or JAVA, XML.
- Ability to analyze existing code, perform refactoring and general software maintenance.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders, internal users, customers, and partners to fulfill research software requirements and to effectively communicate software development and test status.
- Good technical writing experience.
- Windows 7/XP and Linux Operating Systems
Education & Experience:
- Object-orientated programming and design technology
- Distributed modeling and simulation computing systems
- Database architecture and design
- Graphical User Interface design
- Open GL and/or High Level Architecture (HLA) Run-Time Infrastructure (RTI)
- Data Warehousing and/or Data Mining
- Server Virtualization
- Must have a BS Degree (or equivalent experience; recent graduates are encouraged to apply)
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -