Jr. Cisco Engineer
Project Performance Corporation (PPC) was named one of the Washington, DC area’s “Best Places to Work” by Washingtonian Magazine in 2007. We are part of a 1,000-person multi-disciplinary team of information technology professionals, project management experts, scientific and technical experts, and legal and regulatory specialists dedicated to providing fully integrated and business-oriented solutions. With offices in the DC Metropolitan Area and London, we enjoy combined annual revenues of approximately $250M (USD). Our cutting edge IT and management solutions benefit Fortune 500 decision makers and governments around the world.
- Provide network O&M engineering support to the campus network/security infrastructure.
- Provide Tier I and II LAN/WAN troubleshooting including responding to ISP circuit issues, performance concerns, VoIP configurations, checking router logs/interfaces/ tunnels, responding to outages/degradation of service and/or security incidents.
- Provide network support for routers and switches maintenance including monitoring, updates, security configurations, performance tuning, and administration
- Support engineering staff with fault isolation / system diagnosis and network performance resolution and be able to provide input into root cause analysis.
- Adhere to network policies and procedures, as provide updates based on changes to system configuration or environment
- Assist with network moves, upgrades, and installation of applications and equipment.
- Review and master specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Support administration in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Support the management of TCP/IP sub netting and static assignment.
- Document the infrastructure systems including: existing switches, routers, IP address, DHCP scopes, static IPs and prepare Standard Operating Procedures for managed systems.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of LANs and WANs
- Support the evaluation and proposal of new technologies to enhance network performance
- Maintain thorough network documentation using Visio
- Configure, deploy and install network communications hardware
- Perform after-hours maintenance as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 4 year computer sciences degree required or equivalent experience that could be substituted
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years of Network Engineering experience
- Potential Candidates skills must include network based LAN and WAN protocols, understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals,
- Experience with Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS and IPVSEC
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and other technology protocols.
- Working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches, including familiarity with Cisco IOS versions 12, and with CiscoWorks, and including a working knowledge of filtering and policy-based routing.
- Knowledge of switched architecture to include creating VLANs, managing VTP domains, spanning tree, DHCP spoofing, ARP spoofing, and port security
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and other technology protocols
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, especially with Cisco routers and switches
- Security + certification needed within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with network tools such as Orion NetPerfMon, What’s up Gold, MRTG, and common network analyzers
- Knowledge of VoIP design and implementation a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco distributed and centralized wireless solutions a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Knowledge of Cisco VoIP - Call Manager, Unity connection, Unity express and IPCC are also required.
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and/or CCDA
- Cisco ACE and CSS load balancers
- MPLS and IPSEC VPN
- NetPerfMon, What’s up Gold, Cisco Works
- Cisco VoIP - Call Manager, Unity connection, Unity express and IPCC
- Unified Communications
- Knowledge of working within a data center infrastructure framework including use of Cisco 6509s, Nexus 7000s and knowledge of equal cost multipath routing.
- Knowledge of Network Security technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of ProCurve switches preferred
PPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Project Performance Corporation - 14 months ago