Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
The Junior Analyst position will provide analytical support on category and marketing projects for the Stamford Resource Center and Retailer Account Teams.
- Support the Business Development and Marketing teams by providing category analysis using a range of syndicated and non-syndicated data resources.
- Gain full command and knowledge of Nielsen Nitro, Euromonitor, Planet Retail and Mintel GNPD. Acquire working knowledge of advanced consumer tools such as Homescan, Spectra and MRI.
- Access relevant information and make basic observations to support the business case for each project.
- Interact with associates within in the Daymon Resource Center and at Account-Based Teams as necessary to ensure that objectives are being met for each project.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing throughout the entire organization.
- Exposure to analytics, category management, planning and consultation preferred – this could come from a consumer packaged goods company, management consultant, syndicated data company or retailer.
- A demonstrated ability to interpret data and think critically.
- Exposure to working hands-on with IRI or Nielsen scanner and consumer panel data. Knowledge of other syndicated sources, such as Spectra, MRI, Simmons helpful
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks and measure own work
- BA degree in business, marketing or related field
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written. Strong presentation skills
- Strong abilities to independently set priorities, multitask, and self-manage
- Strong PC skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to present results and solutions
Daymon - 15 months ago