Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs entry level professional engineering tasks in the mechanical discipline under the supervision of more senior staff members in order to develop design documents.
- May obtain field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in state and out of state. Documents existing conditions. May require overnight travel.
- Solves standard engineering problems.
- May communicate with clients or architects to resolve issues with engineering designs.
- Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with building code changes.
- Performs equipment takeoffs for cost estimating purposes.
- Is able to design and lay out routine portions of a project using AutoCAD MEP or other means.
- Works with more senior engineers to determine the most appropriate concept for the engineering system being design or re-designed.
- May take other engineers’ rough plan mark-ups and creates final design documents.
- Perform engineering calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package as directed by more senior staff members.
- Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, is able to specify portions of the engineering system from catalogs or other resources. This typically involves the application of special knowledge to design effective engineering solutions
Standard Administrative Qualifications and Requirements:
- Performs CAD functions proficiently in the mechanical discipline and will use AutoCAD MEP software to transfer design concepts to a format acceptable to the client, architect and/or construction company.
- Must have a four-year college degree in engineering with some cooperative educational experience or have a minimum of five years of on-the-job experience in the consulting engineering field including design and development of engineering plans and specifications in his/her technical specialty.
- Must have an understanding of the engineering principles in the mechanical discipline he/she is designing.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and AutoCAD. Revit skills a plus!
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Follows and accepts work rules and procedures.
- Accepts direction and supervision.
Must be able to work at a computer station for several hours per day, and operate keyboard and mouse. Must be able to physically navigate various job sites including mechanical rooms, rooftops, commercial and institutional buildings. Must be able to walk substantial distances including climbing ladders and stairs.
RDK Engineers - 15 months ago