Nokia is committed to connecting people to what matters to them, giving them the power to make the most of every moment, everywhere, anytime. At Nokia, you have a personal opportunity in an inspiring environment to make a global difference. Build a career that you will be proud of. Go on an adventure every day. Help shape a new era in the mobile industry. It’s your world. This is your moment to shape it.
Works as an mechanical engineer developing mechanical parts for new mobile handsets.
Main Responsibility Area:
Works in product creation project coached by a senior team member. Solves engineering problems together with other team members. Has collegial responsibility as a team member. Works according to given tasks. Has theoretical knowledge on a technical expert area.
Participates as an individual contributor on the team, usually in a support role or entry level
professional. Semi-routine or standard tasks.
Responsible for designing complex parts and assemblies.
Work in close cooperation with mechanical engineers, test engineering, failure analysis personnel and other hardware disciplines.
Gain expertise in plastics injection molding and related technologies.
Develop in-depth knowledge of phone components/sub-assemblies and NOKIA specific reliability testing methods.
Designs, develops and analyzes mechanical systems, equipment and packages. Ensures the functionality of the physical device, durability, manufacturability, look and feel, ergonomics of the product. Conducts product testing and creates to supply chain management and negotiations.
Must demonstrate these behaviors:
- Positive attitude
- Passion: desire to do whatever it takes to create a great product
- Reacts positively to change, accepts new ideas & adapts own behavior to remain productive
- Assess own work objectively; looks at what they can do better next time
- Quick to pick up new skills
- Ability to work effectively with team members
- Willingness to ask questions; open to learning from others
- Maintains an interest in new developments in mechanics field.
- Acts upon feedback & takes advantage of development opportunities
- Exhibit good judgment and a realistic understanding of technical issues and be able to make decisions to solve problems.
- Attention to Detail and Quality: Follow detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in reporting and
Must have the following qualifications:
Our culture is founded on openness, collaboration and honesty, with colleagues who are brilliant in their field, resilient, and above all, strive for the best. One team, where everyone makes a difference and everyone is heard. We care. Even in tough times. We are driven by a better tomorrow, not just by past success. We make great products and services for millions of people, positively improving their daily lives. We are on a path where simplicity and “thinking big” can lead to great things.
- 4 year degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of 3D CAD
- Basic knowledge of 2D CAD; basic drawing and tolerance analysis
- Clearly conveys ideas
- Exhibits drive and enthusiasm
Research & Development
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Mar 1, 2013, 7:59:59 AM
Nokia is not a plea to boycott the South Korean car manufacturer -- it's one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First...