WORKING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
BS Degree or similar experience.
5 years experience working in a data processing environment.
Strong computer science fundamentals including advanced data structures, algorithms, and multi-threading.
2-3 years of course work or hands-on Java development experience (or C++ or C#).
Ability to use a decked out top-of-the-line PC.
Familiarity with computer programming.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or demonstration of your awesomeness.
- Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in Linux is a plus.
Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts / strategies.
Capacity monitoring and management capabilities.
Extensive UNIX shell scripting, PLSQL, and SQL skills.
Highly motivated to solve problems efficiently.
Fast troubleshooting and resolution skills.
Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- The Jr. Apps DBA will work under the direction of the senior DBA to perform administration and engineering for Oracle e-Business Suite and multiple large databases including data warehouse.
- The ideal candidate will have understand large-scale, massively concurrent, highly available distributed Oracle systems and Oracle EBS on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Successful candidates will have the ability to rapidly learn complex systems and help solve technical problems under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Provide Tier II support to investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of server resources.
- Support the architecture and process of Oracle 11g and E-business Release 11i /R12.
- Install, upgrade, and patch Oracle RDBMS, and E-Business Suite ,10g IAS and Weblogic.
- Install and Configure 10g/11g/12c Grid Control for RDBMS and E-Business Suite.
- Perform install, clone and execute all application DBA tasks (All AD utilities).
- Manage Oracle Applications concurrent managers and batch processing.
- Maintain load balancing, fault tolerance and Parallel Concurrent setup for E-Business Suite components on standalone and RAC systems.
- Manage and monitor the backup and recovery process for RDBMS and E-Business suite.
- Perform archive and purging functions provided by Oracle Applications.
- Help troubleshoot RDBMS and E-business Suite related issues using diagnostic and performance tools.
- Help TAR tracking and issue resolution with Oracle.
- Proactively monitor and perform health-check for the databases and E-Business Suite using 10g/11g/12c Grid Control.
- Maintain development and production environments. Monitor and maintain database security and database software.
- Assist with the resolution of problems in database bottleneck areas like wait event tuning and SQL tuning. Check for free space, fragmentation, nightly/weekly backup status, dead-locks.
- Maintain key management, index management and data dictionary.
- Monitor scheduled batch jobs and queues including: run command lines, shell scripts, SQLs, on-call support, run scripts, monitor queues, connect to various servers and verify the results.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide variety...