Job Description Summary
The Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst is primarily responsible for testing and validating software functionality to assure that it meets the high standards of Babson College and the requirements of the system designer and the Babson community. Specific responsibilities will include: software testing; regression tests; and manual testing according to the appropriate test documents.
- Responsible for testing daily and weekly application builds.
- Responsible for documenting bugs and issues by priority and severity with clear and unambiguous steps to reproduce.
- Creates and maintains test plans, scenarios, and scripts in MS Excel and Word.
- Executes test scripts to ensure that quality software is provided for release to production.
- Creates and modifies test scripts to certify system changes.
- Conducts exploratory testing on software applications during development.
- Helps improve current QA techniques and processes.
- Reviews requirement specifications and documentation to gain a thorough understanding of the programs and processes to be certified.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
A minimum of 1+ year experience in QA or Support (class work and internships will be considered)
BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience and certification required.
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- Requires basic knowledge and understanding of software quality assurance concepts and methodologies and/or a demonstrable interest in IT technology
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exhibits strong attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in testing activities
- A good understanding of the software development process
- Must have good judgment skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, problem solving, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and as well as an individual
- Ability to multitask
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
May require some evenings and/or weekends
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in testing web based applications and web sites desired
- Hands-on experience with different types of testing (i.e., functional, performance, load, security) is a plus
- Familiarity with commercial and/or open source tools such as JIRA , Selenium, JMeter is a plus
Babson College - 19 months ago