Jr. Software Engineer
Maintain products and systems that enable Operations to meet internal and external customer needs on schedule.
- Update programs that facilitate editorial work, integrate content into systems, and generate complicated reports
- Conduct quality assurance checks of individual and team development activities
- Write technical documentation covering high value, complicated products and systems created within Operations
- Follow standards supporting formal software development life cycle
- Respond to technical support requests; perform system administration tasks
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline with experience in software development
About EBSCO Publishing: What We Offer
- 1 year experience with object-oriented programming in Java, .NET, or similar environment
- Experience with relational database systems including developing schemas and writing SQL queries
EBSCO Publishing is a leading provider of research databases for public libraries, colleges, universities, schools, hospitals, medical institutions, corporations and government institutions worldwide. The EBSCO Publishing Campus is located in Ipswich, Massachusetts along the banks of the Ipswich River. We are just minutes from the MBTA train stop and we provide 75% commuter rail reimbursement. EBSCO Publishing offers a competitive employee benefits package including Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental insurance, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, and a retirement savings & profit sharing plan. Considered one of the top places to work in Massachusetts, EBSCO Publishing also offers a subsidized cafeteria, free coffee, an on-site fitness center with classes, and tuition reimbursement.
About the Medical Products and Services Department
When you join EBSCO Publishing as a Jr. Software Engineer, you will contribute your skills to the Medical Products and Services Department in Ipswich, MA. This department develops many of the medical industry’s most popular medical research databases including DynaMed ™, Nursing Reference Center™ and CINAHL® . Many professionals working in the Medical Products and Services Department come from medical backgrounds including doctors, nurses, clinicians, and therapists. Other team members include medical writers, editors, project managers, operation managers, content analysts and more.
EBSCO Publishing - 10 months ago