The Jr. Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for providing accounts payable support to the Accounting department and specifically the AP Accountant.
• Process vendor invoices in Mas90 Accounts Payable system daily working as a team with the AP Accountant to ensure all critical vendor payments are entered.
• Work with staff across the Company to ensure critical payments are made as required by contractual terms.
• Review invoices for correct coding and approval and obtain W9 forms for new vendors. Forward the W9 to the Staff Accountant or Assistant Controller to set the vendors up in Mas90.
• Upload student refund file from the enrollment system to the AP Mas90 system each week to ensure student refund checks are paid timely.
• Cross-train with AP Accountant on all critical AP processes such as generating checks, getting checks ready for review and signature, sending positive pay and direct deposit files to the bank each week to ensure they can cover when the AP Accountant is out of the office.
• Cross train on the Form 1099 process and assist the AP Accountant with getting 1099’s to the vendors and the IRS by the required due dates.
• File all paid vendor invoices each week so that vendor files are neatly organized and critical invoices can be located easily during annual audit. Set up new vendor files as needed.
• Reconcile one merchant credit card account each week to the bank deposits and post activity weekly into Mas90. Ensure bank reconciliations are prepared timely for the month-end close and that all reconciling items (deposits in transit, credit card chargebacks, etc) are accurate.
• Reconcile other balance sheet accounts as assigned in a timely manner per the monthly closing deadlines.
• Other duties as needed or as time allows.
• Degree & Certifications (required and preferred):
o Bachelors Degree in Accounting
• Skills (required and preferred):
o Ability to process large volumes of vendor invoices during the peak summer months (100+ a day)
o Ability to maintain organized files required
o Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines is mandatory
o Ability to interact well with all levels of staff and executives
o Ability to work independently and professionally at all times
o Ability and desire to work as a team with other members of the Accounting Dept
o Ability to multitask and complete open items in a timely manner
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge (required and preferred):
o Required knowledge of accounts payable operations and processes
o Strong knowledge of accounting principles and accounting operations required; desire to work in an accounting department is required
o Knowledge of MAS90 a plus
o Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required (Excel, Outlook, Word)
o Familiarity with Form 1099 processing a plus
• Minimum number of years experience and in what area of focus (required and preferred):
o Minimum 4 years working in the accounts payable and general accounting required
How many regular employees is this position directly supervising? ___0___
How many temporary employees is this position directly supervising? ___0___
Envision EMI is proud to be an EOE!
Envision EMI, Inc. - 10 months ago