Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Jr. Staff Accountant - The Florida Panthers (Sunrise, FL)
Assist accounting staff with the preparation of monthly, internal financial statements for various business units.
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for the daily recording of revenue (credit card, checks, and cash) transactions and reconciliation of revenue receipts to bank statements.
- Preparation of daily/weekly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation, logging and filing of general ledger journal entries for timely closing of books.
- Assist with preparation of subsidiary ledgers and balance sheet reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts, i.e.. deferred accounts, advanced sales, payroll.
- Assist with preparation of schedules required for external auditors.
- Assist with preparation of schedules necessary for League reporting.
- Various related accounting tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Team attitude and commitment to meeting department goals required. Resourceful, self-starter and highly motivated
- 1 year of staff accounting and/or bookkeeping experience
- Experience with high volume credit cards reconciliation/ high volume bank reconciliation
- Month end closing experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting (preferred but not required)
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Experience with mid-level accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics preferred but not required)
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Overtime will be required periodically and some nights, weekends and holidays depending on event schedule