Our client is seeking resources to assist with rolling out the latest in web technologies, IBM Web Content Manager. This position is an entry-level web development role.
1. Accept responsibility for web development assignments and manage them through timely completion.
2. Participate with the team lead in estimating work effort and logging issues found throughout the build process.
3. Become proficient in the IBM Web Content Manager tool. Working in the tool consists of organizing website work into “projects”, organizing the page layout using drag and drop “components” and copying and pasting content from what the business provides to the appropriate field within the tool.
4. Perform quality assurance checks and ensure work adheres to corporate standards and co-exists nicely with other pages built by peers.
5. Communicate status updates both clearly and proactively to manage project delivery and content expectations.
6. Work efficiently with a large team of website developers, component developers and architects.
7. Maintain documentation as required.
• High school diploma
• Proven track record of delivering results and meeting deadlines
• Experienced computing for business (using email, word processing software like MS Word, internet browsers, and applications that require security to login, fields to enter data, and workflow to submit and approve work)
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Self-starter that takes initiative to go above and beyond
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Computing skills such as fast typing, mousing and ease switching between applications
• Strong work ethic
• College degree or certification
• Works well individually and within a team
• High aptitude for learning computer software
• Understanding of database design
• Experience working in some kind of customer service
• Knowledge of HTML
• Creative mind
• Eye for good website design/layout
Dahl Consulting, Inc. - 9 months ago