We are currently seeking a Junior Windows Systems Administrator to join our I.T. Operations team within our rapidly growing San Francisco office.
The hired candidate will assist in the general day-to-day management of the Windows infrastructure, will maintain the networking devices, will monitor the organization’s Windows environment and will provide tier 2/3 technical support for the PLOS staff (onsite and remote). This is a full-time position that will work under the supervision of the Windows System Administrator and report directly to the IT Manager.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly organized self-starter with first class communication and problem solving skills. Previous experience working in a fast paced environment is a must.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Administer and maintain aspects of the organizational infrastructure including email, anti-spam and anti-virus, backup and recovery operations, log rotations, systems status, etc.
- Implement approved Windows infrastructure changes and perform ongoing maintenance of all systems components of the Windows infrastructure.
- Configure, maintain and monitor networking devices, VPN and firewalls.
- Build and maintain test labs.
- Provide Windows server technology discovery (research), installation and configuration information.
- Evaluate, recommend and purchase software/tools/technology for the organization.
- Mentor the IT Support Technicians and act as the team leader of desktop day-to-day service operations.
- Act as the critical stakeholder on all Desktop Services projects.
- Provide backup support for the Windows Systems Administrator. Assist in problem resolution when technical issues are escalated by the Windows Systems Administrator.
- Provide the highest level of service to users.
- Although not usually required, this role will be on call for emergencies 24×7.
Please send your application including a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and use the job title as the subject of your email.
- College graduate preferred
- 2+ years of experience as a Junior Windows Systems Administrator or a similar role.
- Previous experience with Cisco routers and switches, ASA firewalls, Wifi routers and network architectures is highly desired.
- Microsoft certification preferred.
- CCNA network certification (or equivalent training/experience) a plus.
- Configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010, Active Directory 2007/2010 and Office 2010.
- Solid understanding of DNS, IP subnets.
- Previous experience with configuration, administration and troubleshooting of anti-spam products such as Proofpoint and backup technologies such as BackupExec.
- Knowledge of Windows SUS and application of critical/security updates to both onsite and remote staff.
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2007/2010/2013 a plus.
- Proven ability to write end-user documentation for non-technical staff.
- Strong motivation to complete projects quickly. Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities with a positive and flexible attitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Apply Now | Return to top