The Junior Staff Accountant will be an integral member of the accounting team in the processing of accounts payable, assisting in the accounts receivable, payroll areas and month end close. One of the primary activities is to provide timely processing of vendor invoices and/or employee reimbursements using GCS accounting system in conjunction with Unanet; auditing expense reports for regulatory (including JTR/FTR) and internal policy compliance, monitors accounts payable emails, and interfacing with vendors and employees for researching and resolving issues. Environment is transaction oriented with a high degree of accuracy. Reports directly to Accounting Manager, and must be deadline oriented and able to work independently.
The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Minimum Education Required
- Analyze assigned accounts, prepare general ledger account reconciliations, and determine proper accounting treatment on monthly basis.
- Prepare various journal entries as part of the monthly closing of the general ledger
- Perform tasks to assist in efficient automated monthly invoicing
- Administers accounts payable including establishing vendors, processing payments, verifying vendor/subcontractor/consultant invoices through Purchase Order Module of GCS, and maintaining system records and payables files
- Coordinates with Contracts Department and Project teams as necessary to ensure invoices does not exceed Purchase Orders funded amounts
- Maintain vendor records including:
- Perform a quality control check on received invoices
- Weekly posting of accounts payable activities
- Selection of proper payment terms
- Review and reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Prepare weekly ACH Payment listing for specified 1099 vendors.
- Proper maintenance of a Accounts Payable Files
- Proper application of sales tax
- Year end 1099 processing and issuance
- Respond and follow up on inquires and discrepancies
- Assist with design and implementation of any necessary department controls, policies and procedures, as necessary
- Assist external auditors at year end with preparing schedules with explanations and supporting materials, and preparing any other necessary data
- Perform other related duties as assigned and assist in special projects as needed.
Minimum Experience Required
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 3 or more years of experience in a government contracting business environment preferred. Or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and has knowledge of unallowable costs and cost allocations
- Basic knowledge in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
Minimum Skills Required
- Proficient with Deltek GCS Premier Software
- Experience with Unanet Time and Expense
- Proficient in Excel and the Internet
- 3 or more years of experience with Deltek GCS and Accounts Payable
- Demonstrates the ability to provide professional customer service when interacting with all levels of staff, vendors and customers
- Possess strong skills in organizing, and managing time across multiple tasks and customer needs; capable of working independently. Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Excellent communication skills.
- Professional, courteous, proactive disposition
- Highly motivated, problem-solving, multi-tasking individual who works well in a fast-paced dynamic environment is essential.
- Willingness and ability to meet critical deadlines and provide quality assurance of procedures, processes, data and reports is essential.
- Proficient in all MS office products
- Experience with SharePoint preferred but not required
Sevatec, Inc. - 21 months ago