The Cadmus Group, Inc. seeks candidates with one to four years of combined professional or internship experience to support marketing, communications, and outreach projects within its Social Marketing and Outreach practice. This position will be located in the Washington, DC, metro area; offices are located near the Bethesda and Rosslyn metro stations.
• Support a variety of project work, including national integrated marketing/communications campaigns for the U.S. EPA’s ENERGY STAR program and other energy efficiency-related initiatives
• Assist in managing the development of outreach materials, such as communications toolkits, e newsletters, reports, and exhibit materials
• Support social media outreach by writing and tracking postings, etc.
• Conduct general research via the Web and online databases
• Coordinate media requests and support media tracking and analysis efforts
• Communicate with program partners/stakeholders via phone and e-mail
• Support for proposal development, including coordination, scheduling, and proofing
• Work independently with minimal supervision, or in a team, as needed
• Assist with project management activities, such as internal coordination and budget tracking
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Marketing or communications experience in a professional or academic setting
• Excellent writing, oral communication, and critical thinking skills
• Experience writing in a variety of styles and translating technical information for general readers
• Experience with interactive tools/social media
• Experience with Web page or website development projects preferred, but not required
• Strong analytical skills with understanding of basic data analysis and comfort with Excel
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes, in a time-sensitive, deliverable-driven workplace
• Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
• Professional demeanor
• Initiative and a dedicated work ethic
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs and conducting general research online
• Prior experience in, or understanding of, client-service work environments (strongly preferred, but not required)
The ideal candidate will have interest in or experience with environmental, sustainability, or energy efficiency issues and marketing/communications.
Candidates should enjoy working in a collegial, team-oriented environment.
Some experience working with graphic designers is a plus, but not required.
This position may require occasional travel.