LOUD Technologies Inc. is one of the world’s largest dedicated pro audio and music products companies. As the corporate parent for world-recognized brands Ampeg, Blackheart, Crate, EAW, Mackie and Martin Audio, LOUD engineers, markets and distributes a wide range of professional audio and musical instrument products worldwide. Our product lines include sound reinforcement systems, analog and digital mixers, guitar and bass amplifiers. These products can be found in professional and project recording studios, video and broadcast suites, post-production facilities, sound reinforcement applications including houses of worship, stadiums, nightclubs, retail locations, and on major musical concert tours.
The Junior Design Engineer works in our digital design team, performing design activities on networking protocols, includes both hardware and software. This role performs duties with some overall supervision as to daily, weekly and longer-term tasks. Position requires some on-the-job learning. Position is expected to be a self-starter, and will be expected to grow into a fully-fledged design engineer for the Mackie Design Group.
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic design activities on digital audio networks
- Schematic entry to reference designs
- Layout review
- Firmware development
- Network testing
- Prototype debugging and testing
- Computer Driver testing
- Feasibility estimates
- Pilot production inspection
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Prototype builds, both board level and final assembly
- EMC, Thermal, Safety, Vibration and System HALT testing
- Component engineering
- Travel to Asia to assist CM introduction
- Provide schedule estimates to Program Managers and Project Managers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Learning about schematic entry and PCB layout rules
- Learning about firmware development
- Network design and testing for pro audio applications of networked audio
- Learning about bill of material structures & engineering change management.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, verbally & in writing.
- Assertive interpersonal & problem solving skills that build consensus & resolve issues.
- Word & Excel skills required; MS Project highly desired.
- A Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or computer science, or equivalent.
- No job experience is required, however it is highly regarded.
LOUD Technologies offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, PTO, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending and 401k, plus great extras including great employee product discounts.
- The position requires schedule flexibility to meet deadlines, and occasional travel, both domestic and to Asia.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age, ancestry or handicap. Please notify us if you need accommodation or assistance during the pre-employment screening.
Be the first one to know about the LOUD opportunities by following us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/loud-technologies
Please do not call to inquire about the position.
Loud Technologies Inc. (Loud) is a professional audio and music product company. The Company manufactures, markets and distributes different...