VEVO is the UK’s no.1 music video platform and we are seeking a talented, artistic, highly motivated individual with a high passion for music and design, with the skills to create promotional web graphics (and possibly print depending on ability) for VEVO internationally and in the UK. In addition to a commitment to music and design, the ideal candidate will have an interest in latest trends, social media and the web in general. Above all the applicant should be enthusiastic.
This position will provide the opportunity to learn within an exciting new company and for the entrant to build their portfolio on a high profile platform and contribute their ideas.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Senior Designer (of VEVO UK) and the Content & Programming team to primarily produce promotional assets for VEVO’s original content and record label repertoire on VEVO.com, VEVO mobile platforms and Youtube.
Scope Of Responsibility
Provide high-quality online design solutions according to internal briefs and existing design framework/templates.
- Produce all designs to company brand guidelines and assist the Senior Designer on projects when needed.
- Manage workload and delivery of designs to ensure each deadline is met and that promotional campaigns run on time.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all staff members and provide design based inter-departmental support when required.
- Produce other marketing collateral/assets (web or print) to brief when required.
This specification sets out the essential, minimum qualities we are seeking for this position.
Skills, Abilities & Experience
The ideal candidate must be organized, detail orientated and able to work under strict time constraints.
- The ideal candidate will also possess good communicational skills and have the ability to work independently, with other team members and to take direction.
- Proficient in using Adobe CS5, particularly Photoshop (or Fireworks) Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat (with examples of work/ability a must).
- Strong command of office administration software such as the Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
An arts based qualification (or currently studying one) a plus, but not required.
- A current portfolio or freelance/associated experience a plus but not required.
Vevo - 19 months ago