Junior Designers play a key role on a Creative design team, assisting on various projects to facilitate the development and delivery of creative work. Junior Designers are expected to be able to extend a brands’ established look & feel across the individual components of a project and help bring it to completion. Junior Designers must be highly organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge And Skills Requirements
- Partner with copywriters and other creative team members to brainstorm concepts that meet and exceed the requirements of the creative brief
- Originate or make updates to web pages, banners, email and other digital projects, such as updating copy or legal changes or design revisions based upon internal or client feedback
- Follow established designs to create resizes or other versions of online advertisements, callouts, email or web pages based upon an approved look & feel
- Prepare final website graphics, including sizing, compressing, optimizing, etc.
- Create and produce final art for standard and rich media online banners
- Juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Stay current on visual design techniques and software tools
- Be attuned to and knowledgeable of societal and cultural trends
- Assist team on design work needed for client pitches
Specific knowledge and skills include but are not limited to the following:
- Degree in graphic design, visual communications, or a related field
- Creative, conceptual thinker
- 2+ years professional advertising, interactive or multimedia experience
- Strong design and typography skills
- Ability to receive and implement constructive feedback on your work is essential.
- Proficiency in major design and page layout software programs (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work effectively in a team dynamic
- Adept in working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong knowledge of HTML, Flash, Ajax, CSS and other common web technologies
- Solid understanding of information design and usability principles, ability to interpret IA documents
- Have an interest in social and cultural trends and stay up to speed on emerging digital technologies
- Strong portfolio exhibiting a broad range of mediums and styles
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- Ability to understand client and legal feedback
- Ability to clearly communicate status of projects to team members.
Wunderman - 23 months ago
If you've ever felt the need to "Be a Pepper," you can thank Young & Rubicam Brands (Y&R). As the advertising and...