Are you looking to further your experience in Corporate IT? Why not do so at an innovative Internet company right here in Buffalo, NY? Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best! We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor is seeking a Junior Desktop Support Specialist who, under general supervision, will be responsible for performing troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and installation of desktop hardware and software.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Provide end-user support to the user community
- Perform activities such as assembling and installing new computer equipment, including computer deployment for new users.
- Refresh aging machines, perform adds, moves and changes to Cisco VoIP telephone system.
- Install hardware, software, IP printers
- Perform network administrative tasks, including adding users and computers to the domain
- Inventory tracking and maintenance of documentation.
- Assist with planning computer deployment strategy
- Assist in implementation of new servers or other network hardware performed in scheduled maintenance windows
- Assist with data backups
- Troubleshoot complex problems with Operating Systems
- Support of Mobile Devices
- Responsible for maintaining comprehensive inventory of all technology equipment
What we’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
- 2+ years experience in a hands on support role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Support experience in a Microsoft environment (Windows XP, Server 2003)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience using Symantec Ghost Enterprise and Symantec Antivirus
- Ability to be available in a 24x7 environment a plus
- Previous Mac support a plus
- General understanding of networking principles a plus
How to Apply!
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- 25 cent vending machines
- Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Visit our website at www.synacor.com/careers ! Click around; check out how Synacor is not your standard office - jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives! Learn how Synacor's headquarters are located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina, where taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water and enjoying our lakefront gazebo with Wi-Fi connection!
After discovering all the benefits Synacor has to offer, take the first step in making yourself a part of our Corporate IT Team by submitting your resume!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...