AlchemyAPI is seeking a Junior Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, has excellent communication and troubleshooting skills, can work in a self-directed manner, and is passionate about helping customers. Programming knowledge is required. We're looking for a candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced startup environment, with an interest in artificial intelligence technologies, and the semantic web. This position will involve working with more senior engineers, with opportunities for mentorship and career advancement.
AlchemyAPI is a natural language processing and text mining platform that is used more than 3 billion times every month. We are a rapidly growing Denver-based company, doing exciting work in artificial intelligence and the semantic web. Want to work on something that matters? We're working on big AI problems, wiring up the semantic web, and teaching computers to see and read.
Work in the heart of Denver, overlooking the Platte River, in well-equipped offices. Want to bike to work? We're on a path, with a Denver B-Cycle station right outside, and we offer free bike sharing memberships to all employees. Step outside for lunch or a break at Confluence Park. We offer free gym memberships to all employees. Video games, robots, and other office diversions are also provided.
- Assisting customers who are integrating with our API and services.
- Handling inbound technical support requests promptly.
- Resolving technical and non-technical issues from customers, and documenting solutions in our Knowledge Base.
- Developing, Maintaining, and Improving various customer-facing applications, integrations, and demos (see some of these projects here: http://www.alchemyapi.com/developers/tools/ ).
- Creating tools that support our product team in their development efforts.
Interested parties should send cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and other relevant information to: jobs[remove-this-if-you-are-a-human]@alchemyapi.com
- Solid understanding of Linux software development.
- Experience with Linux command-line text manipulation tools.
- Desire and ability to work with large data-sets.
- Good communications and customer management skills.
- Basic Linux system admin knowledge.
- Self-motivation and creativity.
- Familiarity with multiple languages (Java, Python, etc.) is a plus.
Emails only -- Do not call regarding this position -- Applicants only (No recruiters)
AlchemyAPI, Inc. - 9 months ago