The Junior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing decision support analytics to Senior Management of the firm. This enterprise role provides exposure to all business units of the firm. The position requires a motivated self-starter with the ability to produce a high-quality and accurate work product and grow within the organization.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancements of models used in financial projections and budgeting analysis for management.
- Collaborate within accounting to ensure accurate projections, analysis and identification of risks and opportunities.
- Focus on expense analysis, identify cost saving opportunities and assist management by providing financial support.
- Participate in profitability analysis, process improvements, and quality initiatives.
- Identify trends and prepare narrative analysis of major budget variances.
- Participate in monthly financial summary metrics package for management including: reporting of Budget versus Actual and Board of Directors reporting support materials.
- General accounting including: P&L review, month end close reporting.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Minimum one-years’ experience performing similar responsibilities or with Public Accounting experience.
- CPA preferred, Financial Services background a plus.
- Must have strong understanding of general accounting principles and nature of financial accounts including GAAP reporting and consolidation accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently and proven ability to bring projects to timely completion.
- Experience with Lawson, Qlikview, Axiom EPM or other financial planning software preferred.
Mesirow Financial Holdings is an employee-owned company with nearly $380 million in equity investments and a global reach. Clients,...