Mars Hill Church’s mission is to plant churches and make disciples. We have grown from a small Bible study to over 12,000 weekly attenders in a network of 14 different churches in 4 states - Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, and California.
You’re the type of person who:
Is excited by the potential for design to help communicate the gospel to the world. You worship Jesus as your king and you're excited about design that points people to him. You are detailed-oriented and have a love of aesthetics. Typography excites you because of how it can be used to convey a message clearly while evoking emotion. Even more exciting to you is the idea of doing design to inform hundreds of thousands of people so they can benefit from the preaching and teaching of the church.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you definitely would have done for us last week:
- Produced promotional designs for our growing number of local churches.
- Visited one of our local churches to assess their typography and way finder needs, and then created a signage plan for their space.
- Produced sermon campaign materials for churches in the extended Mars Hill Network.
- Created versions for an ad campaign to be used in each of the areas surrounding our local churches.
- Produced design for internal communication within the Media and Communications department (IE: Pitch books, storyboards, creative proposals).
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you might have done for us last week:
- Participated in a group brainstorm for branding an upcoming sermon campaign or event.
- Created mood boards for a current project with Resurgence Publishing, Mars Hill Music, or an upcoming sermon campaign.
- Helped in the construction of our stage backdrops for sermon campaigns.
- Created graphics for a blog article.
- Created merchandise design for the Resurgence or one of the bands.
Requirements: Here are a few other things we’re looking for:
- Able to fulfill the duties required of Mars Hill Church members as outlined in the membership covenant
- Able to fulfill the character qualifications of a deacon as taught in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3:8–13)
- A solid portfolio showing only the work that you are the most excited about.
- 2+ years of experience working professionally in Graphic Design.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, with some Sunday responsibilities
Hours: Full time, exempt
Location: Central Offices | Seattle, WA
Vacation: Two weeks vacation, five personal days, plus one week at Christmas
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Disability
Mars Hill Church - 19 months ago