Position: Junior HR Generalist
Location: Silver Spring, MD 20910
Type: Full-Time Position
Compensation: $45,000 - $50,000; Full Benefits Offered
The Junior Human Resources Generalist helps create Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Provides advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. She/he will administer company benefits and provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs. Reports directly to the HR Director and supports the Senior HR Generalist.
- Serve as primary contact for benefit plan vendors and third party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Work effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly. Investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Document, and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefit processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Assure timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Coordinate daily benefit processing.
- Oversee benefit enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files and updating of employee payroll records.
- Implement and maintain Group Benefits databases and Lawson benefit records. Prepare regular benefit reports extracting data from the database. Provide the technical support, test system functionality and work with end users to provide system support and troubleshoot system problems.
- Serve as an Administrator for ADP and Deltek.
- Prepare, collect, and organize data for actuarial assessments and review data for audit purposes.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefit surveys and review information obtained from the results.
- Audit PTO in time-keeping software (Deltek).
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding employment or benefit questions.
- Respond to Unemployment Requests.
- Set up new hires in various systems. Input various employment info into these systems. Email new employees welcome email with various new hire information. Answer questions regarding this information.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefit programs and recommend cost containment strategies including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company
This organization is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)
- 's benefits package.
Design and distribute materials for benefit orientations and open enrollment.
Process STD/LTD and FMLA requests. Track information on a spreadsheet.
Answer daily questions from employees regarding HR matters.
May assist in preparing statistical summaries and reports.
May conduct group meetings to explain benefit program changes.
Assists HR Director with meeting agendas and other committee agendas, and assembling meeting material.
Assumes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-3 years of professional experience related to HR duties, such as employee benefits administration, recruiting, HR compliance, etc.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Must have effective problem solving skills, a proactive and resourceful disposition, and a tenacious attitude.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on transparency, accountability, and cooperation.
- Must have excellent communication skills.