Position: Junior Helpdesk Technician
Reports To: Helpdesk Supervisor
Position Summary: Under general supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all Company technology users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a call center environment; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; assist Systems Administrators; troubleshoot network printer problems; pass more complex end-user problems on to Systems Administrators; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
The Helpdesk Technician fields all Help Desk calls from company technology user base and creates the initial record of the request; resolves all Level One end-user problems; passes all Level Two requests on to a System Administrator; and contacts third-party vendors for warranty service repair.
Essential Job Functions:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Provide Microsoft Windows 7 and XP and mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Blackberry) support.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance using help desk software
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions on help desk software
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Operate and maintain system hardware and software
- Perform regular security checks on computers to detect infections and clean them
- Upgrade and replace hardware where appropriate.
- Install new / rebuild existing desktops/laptops and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted customers.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or equivalent experience)
- IT technical skills (Windows 7 and XP, network, Active Directory, MS Exchange, hardware and software support)\
- ITIL, MCSE, CCNA or CCNP is an asset
- Strong Trouble-shooting Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Work within a team
- Some extra hours in the evenings and weekends required
- May travel to support remote sites
Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
About Cupertino Electric, Inc.
Cupertino Electric, Inc. (CEI) is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and has provided expert engineering and construction services for a constantly evolving world for more than 57 years. Its Energy Alternatives Division designs, constructs and manages innovative solar and alternative energy solutions. For more information, visit www.cei.com .