ICF Ironworks offers integrated customer engagement applications, including interactive, portal and content management solutions, and business and IT alignment services to a growing roster of Fortune 500 companies and government agencies. Our goal is to build lasting, mutually beneficial customer relationships based on trust and honest communication. Our objective is to deliver on our promises to our clients by deploying a team of experts on every engagement and completing projects on time and budget. We have vast experience working with a variety of industries, which in turn exposes our employees to more experiences and develops their expertise.
ICF Ironworks is seeking a junior Information Architect (IA) to learn how to lead and coordinate the design and prototyping of navigation, content structuring and workflow for various client initiatives. In this position, you will work with clients to analyze and understand their business requirements while providing workflow analysis, content hierarchies, user interface requirements, Wireframe diagrams, and documentation.
The Information Architect produces high-level documents articulating how a proposed architecture addresses strategic, business, user, and functional requirements.
- Assisting with the prototyping and design of web site structure and user interface
- Work with a project lead to facilitate a collaborative web-site design across marketing, business development, creative, technical and operational areas
- Participating in usability testing and capturing specific target audience feedback and that is then incorporated into site design
- Learn how to capture website requirements including brand message, marketing, customer experience, operational, engineering and usability requirements
- Assist with performing gap and impact analyses
- Lean how to build Sitemaps, Wireframes, Prototypes and documentation that clearly articulate site/application structure and organization
- Ensuring ease of navigation and simplicity of design
- Communicating the site design/structure to the business and Engineering teams
- Performing usability test planning, execution, reviews and results analysis
- Reviewing and providing feedback throughout development lifecycle
- Evaluating and incorporating statistical indicators and information captured through WebTrends and related sources into the interactive design to continuously improve and evolve the end-user experience
Required & Skills:
Course work or experience in the following areas:
Desired & Skills:
- Digital design, Information management, and/or digital rhetoric
- Web content, information analysis, and copywriting
- Usability Testing
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Strong requirements gathering skills in interviewing, surveying and leveraging focus group results
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Keen sense of customer experience and target audience analysis
- Familiarity with use case specification, user scenarios and usability testing
At ICF International we have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at
ICF International - 16 months ago