Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Junior Information Security Analyst to join the SCA Information Security Division. This position will report to the Director of Information Security and be a part of the team responsible for securing Sony’s information assets, services, and the products that depend on them; thus, building trust with customers, stakeholders and protecting the privacy of Sony’s customers. This position is located in New York City.
- Monitor for new vulnerabilities found within scanning products and industry vulnerability alerts.
- Validate alerts generated through security testing and monitoring, and escalate accordingly.
- Coordinate the vulnerability remediation process in accordance with the corporate vulnerability management policy.
- Assist in the firewall rule approval process.
- Assist with cyber security incident investigations.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in one or more of the following areas: information security, information technology, vulnerability management
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field, such as information technology or computer science, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with security tools such as Qualys and Tripwire
- Ability to assess validity of identified vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of firewall, system, and network architectures
- Understanding of protocol behaviors
- Knowledge of information security best practices
- Ability to think outside the box while following procedure/protocol
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively and tactfully with both business-oriented executives and technology-oriented professionals
- Experience working in a PCI environment preferred
- Knowledge of PHP and common scripting languages preferred
- Eligible to work unrestricted in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, obligation to serve in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, disabled veteran status, Vietnam era status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Sony Corporation Of America - 9 months ago
Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named Sony...