JUNIOR JAVA DEVELOPER: ABERDEEN, MD
Immediate opening for a long term contract Junior Java Developer in Aberdeen, MD.
- Work in a dynamic team environment developing innovative Web applications that address the clients' most challenging business, technology, and systems integration needs.
- Work in a team environment to create and develop new and existing Web applications with Java and Open Source technologies.
- Participate in full lifecycle development, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and testing.
- Work with a team to achieve timeline-based projects and apply object-oriented concepts and methodologies.
- Perform duties as a Java developer.
- Work with the project manager, other task leads, and client staff to identify requirements and develop, modify, and maintain an Army standards compliant open systems application development framework.
Desired/ Will be Exposed to:
- 1-2 years of experience working with Java
- Experience with object-oriented design and development methodologies
- Experience with XML desired
- Knowledge of Web Services
- Ability to translate information, develop insights, and work alongside clients at client sites
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Possession of excellent leadership, analysis, data gathering, and consulting skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA Greenhopper
- Experience with Subversion
- Will learn Agile
- This position requires a US Citizen with an active Secret Clearance OR the ability to obtain one due to the work required for this position.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Eliassen Group has been driving the success of our clients, consultants, and employees within Technology Staffing and Consulting Services...